People learn differently; it’s amazing to hear what each person in a group took away from a session they watch. Having the opportunity to glean into multiple viewpoints of the same content can really broaden the overall experience.
Designing a Watch Party is a fantastic way to bring your community together to watch a set of virtual sessions outside of the National Freelance Business week content then reflect and share each individual take-a-ways.
Make sure to find a space that allows the in-person attendees to break out into groups and talk about the session they watched together. This works really well in a co-working space that has a dedicated area with a large TV screen to cast onto.
Having the breakout sessions gives your audience an opportunity to process their takeaways and build a deeper connection with a smaller group of people.
Minimum requirements for a successful Watch Party:
- A venue large enough to accommodate your group in breakout spaces (these spaces can be round tables, rectangular tables, or even as simple as being able to turn chairs around to face each other)
- Really good WiFi to stream the virtual sessions
- A flat, white surface or large TV screen to project the session onto
- At least one person to host the entire session
- At least one person to facilitate breakout sessions